Jobs and Skills WA
Jobs and Skills WA is a government initiative focused on providing funded training for positions that are or will be in high demand in Western Australia. By encouraging people to train in these vital areas, employers have access to the skilled workers they need today and in the future. This creates more opportunities for people to gain valuable skills and qualifications that secure jobs and build successful careers.
Training is delivered through Kirana Education’s Registered Training Organisation; Insight Training Group Australia Pty Ltd RTO no. 32142.
Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.
The above rates do not apply to Existing Workers – please consult our Kirana team for further information.
- To be eligible for the Jobs and Skills WA program, individuals must be:
- A new employee (Full time 3 months or if Part time 12 months)
- Have a permanent employment contract
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a holder of a VISA subclass 309, 820 or 826 (or a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a VISA subclass 457).
To be eligible for concession you need to meet the above eligibility criteria and:
- hold a health care or pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or
- have proof that you are a partner or dependant of a person who holds a health care or pensioner concession card and is named on that card.
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner
- Employment status does not matter, you can obtain assistance if you are working or unemployed
- More Information
- The numbers enrolling in State priority courses are continuously monitored. If there is an oversupply of people with certain qualifications, the Government may, with prior notice, stop subsidising new enrolments in that course.
- For more information on this program you can visit the Jobs and Skills WA website